Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hell of a plan


Tuesday 4 February

Today Team Norway went to KSTS to sit in on one of their sex education classes. I didn't really fancy that myself so I stayed at home but for Team Norway's exchange programme, its good for them to see how other countries tackle different social subjects.

Kenya is very different/extreme with some of their views compared to much of the rest of the world and so Team Norway returned home with some very humorous arguments that arose during the lesson. I'm pleased I didn't go in the end as it sounded like I would've got myself sucked into some  arguments and instead, I managed to clean the house whilst they were out.

The three of us then went into town for the first time in the new car and did nothing for the rest of the day other than plan our road trip. Both lake Bogoria and Hell's Gate have their pros but it was kind of left up to me as T-Man and Malin didn't mind where they went.

I decided to go for Hell's Gate as there were more animals to see there. I knew I was cycling towards Hell's Gate anyway but I was unsure if I wanted to stop there or just go straight to Nairobi. This way, I could do both and also give the road a quick reccy before setting off next week. I also thought it would be better for the three of us to enjoy a wee safari aswell. Team Norway's parents are flying out to see them very soon and so I know they will be doing Nakuru National Park so I thought if we did Hell's Gate together then that could be an added extra thing to experience.

On top of this, Hell's Gate was only 70km away so we could drive down midday in no rush tomorrow, camp over and get up early to do the park Thursday morning before returning home. 

Now that, sounds like a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment