Wednesday 12 February 2014

Mosquit-go

Monday 3rd February

There were not many highlights today. If today was a football match it would be a 0-0 between Stoke and Sunderland.

Last night was great fun though and unfortunately when some nights are a little bit too much fun, the morning brings a level of regret. This regret was felt by Malin as she unfortunately left her bag outside in the garden. For most people this would not be an issue but when you have two dogs that will eat more things than even I do, then you have a slight issue. 

They seemed to take a liking to money and cigarettes so all they need to do now is take up poker! Thankfully the damage wasn't too bad (the camera still works despite doggy teeth marks in it) and all was forgotten when T-Man finally arrived back to the house in his new car! It's a 4WD which means the road trip to Hell's Gate National Park or Lake Bogoria is well and truly on for Wednesday.

My final highlight of the day if I can call it that was watching a mosquito land on Malin's back as she slept and see if it could bite through her clothes. I've had terrible trouble with the Mosquitos almost every night, they're not as bad as at the border but then I had a net. Here I have nothing and I'm sure they just wait in my sleeping bag for me.

The worst is when you lay in darkness and all you can hear is a buzzing around your head. There's only one thing for it, get up, light on and smack the little thing as hard as possible. One night I had to do this on 4 separate occasions and have slept in multiple rooms around the hose due to the mosquito issue. I'm getting pretty good at catching them though. The other day I managed to go to toilet and still catch one one handed, I felt like Mr Miyagi in Africa!

As it happened I don't think the mosquito did penetrate Malin's jumper although some of them do. My ankles and elbows have annoyingly been the prime target recently and even with socks on, the feet end up itching like mad.

Getting back in my tent won't be such a bad thing with regards to Mosquitos as I'm really the only thing that can fit in it! Until then i'll just have to keep swatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment