Wednesday 12 February 2014

Nuts about Nigel


Friday 7th February

Today was all about prepping Nigel for me. Team Norway went to KSTS which left me home alone to clean, fix and adjust Nigel to a condition that will hopefully get me 4000 miles to Lesotho with no more problems.

I changed the brakes, adjusted the wheels and gears and fixed the rear rack for the umpteenth time. After I cleaned Nigel I became more aware of the scratches and scrapes that he had endured. I knew it was quite a spectacular crash but I've managed to scratch some places that seem impossible to get to! The top of the saddle for one thing is completely scratched which says it all really.

Previously when I've been working on Nigel I've taken the time to try and prepare mentally for returning to solo cycling and today was no different. It's been a long time and physically it will be hard but this trip is 90% mental strength and if I can think the right thoughts then my body will be forced to follow.

When Team Norway returned home we chilled for a bit and then went into town. The water situation at home has been on and off and despite the promise of constant water being provided to this area, when you turn the tap, sometimes nothing happens! Due to this, we couldn't do any washing or cooking so were forced to eat out and leave the dirty dishes on the side (any excuse ay!)

We had a quiet night as we were up early tomorrow to watch TWOMOC play against KSTS which we were all looking forward to as its something that T- man did well to organise. It would also be a good way for me to say goodbye having had an input with both teams so I was looking forward to it a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment