Saturday 15 February 2014

The last supper

Sunday 9th February

Today was a right off. This would probably be my last sunday movie day for a while so I did not leave the sofa until about 2pm. Thankfully I had a hero in the shape of Jesus who made sausage and eggs for breakfast which meant I was able to prolong my sofa stay.

Team Norway weren't exactly springer spaniels either so we chilled out in front of the TV for the majority of the day. I really didn't want to think about packing so put it off until after dinner. Thankfully I don't have much to pack so it doesn't take long anyway but it was good to go through my first aid kit and chuck away rubbish and old boxes of malaria tablets.

For my last supper Malin (superstar cook) made lasagne. Little did she know that lasagne is up there in my top 5 favourite foods so it was a great way to end my stay in Nakuru. The three of us then assumed our body shaped grooves in the furniture and watched a final movie.

I eventually packed my bags and left a little present for Team Norway. The last 5 weeks I have seemed to have the most trouble with Mosquitos and so I was kind of in charge of the swatter. A couple of weeks ago I got a little to excited with it and ended up breaking it on a cockroach. It was a kill worthy of breaking a fly swatter but buying them another one was the least I could do after breaking their toilet aswell!

The fact that I had to leave and continue my ride didn't really hit me until I was trying to find the words to put in their card. Where do I start? Saying thanks isn't enough when you consider that I may not of been able to complete my ride if it wasn't for that quick chat in the street and their generosity. It's truly amazing what they've done for me and now its like we've been friends for years! 

I promised them that they wouldn't be able to get rid of me that easily after tomorrow and so I think a Christmas trip to Norway is well and truly on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment