Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Pong Goodbye

Saturday 8th February

I woke up to the information that the KSTS minibus was unfit for travel and they were having trouble finding other transport to get to the game. We drove to the stadium anyway where TWOMOC were all ready and waiting. After at least an hour wait we had to admit defeat and it was a real shame that KSTS couldn't make it. I do question the preparation on their part but its too late now, Asha from TWOMOC said its not uncommon for a team not to show but I was gutted for all the lads that had to wake up at 8 and wait 3 hours!

As we were waiting at the stadium there were referee trials taking place for the African premier league. the fitness test consisted of sprinting 70 yards in under 7 seconds and doing 15 laps of the track at running intervals! Ill be surprised if Graham Poll in his prime could do that! TWOMOC had another game arranged for 3 o'clock but we weren't going to make that so I said my goodbyes and we went back into town.

After a quick Skype session we returned back home to begin my leaving party...well I did anyway. The weather wasn't the best but luckily the football was and the Liverpool - Arsenal match even had T-man creaming at the telly.

Ever since my amazing family of friends in New Zealand raised nearly £2000 at a Auction/Beer Pong competition night I have been wanting to introduce it to Team Norway. Today would be that day and it was beer pong that was definitely responsible for a couple of early nights!

The party was short and sweet by my standards but I didn't mind, as always we had a lot of fun and we planned an even better send off for me on Monday. Team Norway are going to drive to Naivasha and meet me there then together we are going to climb Mount Longonot which overlooks Hell's Gate National Park. This involves myself waking up very early and leaving a couple of hours before Team Norway but I'm happy to do that. It also means that my first day back on Nigel will not only be a 40 mile ride but also a 10 mile hike to the highest altitudes of the ride, hello burning calf's!

No comments:

Post a Comment