Monday 16 December 2013

Happy families

Sunday 15th December

Today was again another rest day of frustrating Internet and pictures of Parrodactyls and mischievous Monkeys. I really wanted to get going tomorrow but my head was getting fuzzier and cold was increasing rather than clearing but the good thing was that unlike my nose, other areas of my body had stopped running!

So as one issue was fixed, another arose but I don't think my cold will last for weeks thankfully. It does make sense to rest as I'm not trying to break any records and in order to enjoy and get the most out of this ride, I really need to be in good form and not burn myself out. 

Today I managed to catch up with friends and family from home which really cheered me up and another evening of football meant that my day flew by pretty quickly without much to report. 

During a Skype conversation with my parents my mother told me how I had inspired her to give a couple of people a lift to the doctors as one was struggling to carry the other on the pavement. Im really proud of my mum as this is a really kind thing to do and something that you would not expect to happen (especially in England) and something that mum wouldn't of done previously.

I'm really pleased to hear how my ride and my experiences  on my ride are changing my family and friends for the better. I am so proud of my family especially for how they keep having to deal with me and my not so ordinary life. My friends from all over the world that are following me continue to be amazing as well and I really am blessed with the best support and love that anybody can wish for. I have certainly changed for the better during this ride and when I hear that others are doing good things as well, it makes all the hard struggles I've experienced on my own, completely worth it.

I finished my day with a meal for one that stayed a meal for one throughout. I'm making sure I give the restaurant no reason to undercook or wash anything that could cause more illness. This time I went with a cheese sandwich, if I go back to the same diet i had through France I figure I may make Kenya with no toilet troubles!

No comments:

Post a Comment