Wednesday 12 February 2014

Standard Sunday

Sunday 2nd February

Yesterday I had almost a typical "English lifestyle" day and today I continued that trend.

The morning consisted of me attending my first Kenyan football match in a friendly between TWOMOC and some old guys. The age gap and pitch quality were the only similarities from this game to English Sunday football though. I saw no horrendously late tackles, no overweight centre backs, nobody was still drunk and there was no bad language towards the referee (at least none spoken in English and no Swahili was spoken with any anger either) 

I didn't see any goalie gloves, linesmen or nets either but who really needs them anyway! It was a good game that TWOMOC really should've won if they had used their pace up front to their advantage but it finished 3-3 and i enjoyed taking in the atmosphere of another African football match. 

Then we walked into town and continued our typical English weekend with a few drinks and more football, this time it was English football.

Town was where we stayed until bedtime as its very hard find a reason to stop enjoying yourself when conversation is flowing, the sun is shining and games are being played.

I'm getting conscious that some of my blog entries are getting very mundane and unoriginal. Despite being in Kenya i have managed to slip into habits that are no different to those at home. Why aren't I making the most of Kenya? some could ask. The truth is, I am. Until you experience Kenya for yourself its very easy to say that I should be doing Kenyan things all day everyday but quite frankly if I did that, I would go bonkers.

Small things as little as having a conversation with some people in Kenya can drive you to thoughts of murder or suicide. If I'm going to survive here without doing something illegal then homely actions need to take place. It helps to restore some factory settings and prevents me from clocking the next person that thinks its funny to grab my arm (that's in a sling) just to see my hairy face! 

This being said, things should change this week and be a bit more exciting as with a bit of luck T-man should get his car tomorrow which means road trip on Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment