Friday 9 August 2013

Final thoughts...before i begin

Well its fair to say the last month has been mental. I have not slept for a multitude of reasons in the last 3 weeks but can't complain as my parents probably haven't slept since i told them what i was doing last year. However, things are now looking much brighter, much more exciting and for me at least i can start to enjoy my adventure of a lifetime. (parents still won't be able to sleep)

I'm sure this ride will gradually provoke many philosophies on life that i will hopefully be able to use in the future to be a better person and live a more fulfilled life, something we should all strive for. The truth is, it already has. The support and encouragement i have received so far has literally blown me away! The sponsorship has been amazing and i thank everyone across the globe for their generosity and great words of support. I hope this continues and strengthens throughout my journey as more people follow and (fingers crossed) enjoy my take on the different countries i travel through and the different experiences i have. (majority of which will probably be poo related)

This being said, there have already been a few individuals that have gone above and beyond my call for support and without them i would literally not be able to start this journey.

There are some people in life you can always rely on. Some people give you promises that you rely on but never pull through. And some people you meet for the first time when they're picking you up off the ground, that stay with you until you're ready to walk. I have experienced all three but would like to concentrate on the latter and say a massive thank you to all those that have gone out of their way to help me; most of whom i have only just met! Whether it be, "pimping my ride," sorting out my camping equipment, including my ride on their work's website or raising money from their work and donating. Thank you so much.

I leave at 8.30am on Sunday 11th August which now, because of these people, i can really look forward to. I will be doing a little ride away from St Mary's Stadium, Southampton at half time tomorrow. After that, i have no real clue but i guess that's what adventure is all about. Be sure to stay tuned though as it could be quite tasty/messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment