Sunday 6 April 2014

Wings, wheels and cutting shapes!

Saturday 22nd March

This morning was a little fuzzier than yesterday but I was still up early to go and collect Nigel's new rim. In true African fashion I was kept waiting but at least it was only 20 minutes this time and not 2 hours!

I was happy, but I still didn't feel too good so I returned back to the hostel where I was stuck in two minds of what to do with the rest of the day. I ended up booking my flight home which maybe affected my feeling. My flight date gave me a chance to spend a bit more time getting to Lesotho. Everything seemed to have happened so fast. A couple of weeks ago I still had 5 countries and a while until I finished. Now, I was under a month away and I didn't want it to end!

With a little help from a few people I decided to stay an extra day in Lusaka to celebrate getting a new wheel, as I didn't really want to leave tomorrow. My mood improved more during a chat with a few people from the Hostel. Jill (my sun worshipping partner) Wesley (a South African/Australian hitchhiker) and Jo (female version of myself) all sat around and had a great time for the rest of the day. Conversation is never dull in hostels and that's what I love. 

Not before long I was buzzing and in a great mood (mainly thanks to Jo and her infectious energy) As the night continued we met a few more people. One of them being Andrew, an Englishman who has been living for three months in one of the most isolated villages in Zambia and so interesting stories and experiences were coming from all angles.

The night escalated into a trip to a nightclub with myself and Jo teaming up with a South African guy called Max and my main man from Lusaka, Jamal. We were the only white people there but this did not stop us embracing the African dance culture and teaching them a few moves of our own. What we lacked in technical ability (which isn't that much) we made up for in endurance as we were the last ones to leave and the sun was already making an appearance when I got back to the hostel.

A new rim, a flight home and a lesson taught in how to rip up a dance floor. Quite a productive day I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment