Tuesday 12 November 2013

Move along, nothing to see here

Friday 1st November 

The anticipation of Sudan overshadowed today somewhat. I was happy with my Egyptian experience. I had done the touristy things that I wanted to do, and more! I had done the local things I wanted to do and I was very much ready to leave.

At 11 o'clock I went for a walk in an area I hadn't been before to see if I missed anything. This was tactical timing as 90% of the people go to the mosque for prayers at this time so I would have my best chance of a "quiet" walk. The walk lasted about 15 minutes and it fully confirmed that I had done just about everything you can do and see in Aswan that doesn't involve contact with Egyptians working in the tourist industry.

I went back to the hotel and fiddled with Nigel a bit but all in all nothing else happened.

I needed another boring day today because I was soon going to step once more into the mayhem of Africa. 

Tomorrow is an important day to get my boat ticket and I'm expecting a bit of mental rush to get one so I have to be up early and ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment