Friday 31 January 2014

A day for healing

Monday 27th January

This morning was a bit of a struggle to say the least and it felt like a typical Sunday that we didn't have yesterday. Only one way to fix a morning struggle though and that's with a full English breakfast. Team Norway were struggling more than myself so I treated them to the breakfast and then I dragged myself to the hospital for my final check up.

My scar has healed now and I'm a lot more confident with my arm going over bumps whilst in a Tuktuk. After the surgery, travelling in a Tuktuk would be quite painful over the African roads as the suspension is not exactly soft. Now I feel nothing which is good and I think another week will be enough to get back on Nigel with confidence but still taking it careful on certain roads.

Everybody at the hospital remembered my name, said hello to me and wished me well, some of the nurses I had never even seen before! The nurses were all great and again they came up to me to ask where Jesus was. A lot of people remember T-Man but not a lot remember his name so they just call him Jesus. The nurses in particular are good at remembering us and one even called me out in the street to see how my arm was. It was really nice and I felt good as I said goodbye, I felt ready to move on.

I returned back home to Team Norway who were still enjoying their day of rest in the same position as I left them. Malin made yet another lovely dinner and I caught up on the last week of blogging and planned my session for tomorrow. Addis Ababa was the last time I coached and its not been since the last School Holidays when I was back in England since I've coached a whole day.

I was looking forward to tomorrow but I knew it was going to be a long day in the sun. Coaching from 10 to 5 is long enough, let alone having the African heat to contend with as well.

A slow day to begin our busy week. Along with our school visits tomorrow and Wednesday, I want to do a hike up to Menangai crater which overlooks the National Park. It's nice to be finally doing more things in Nakuru and i need to get active again as getting back on Nigel will be a mega shock to the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment