Monday 13 January 2014

Wired

Thursday 9th January

After my late night/early morning Haribo fest I was pretty tired during the respectable hours of daylight but was unable to sleep due to the constant attention from nurses either injecting me with things, taking my blood pressure, or just saying "morning."

Once again, very impressive service but I was visited a lot without really being told anything. I had a follow up X-Ray at around 9 and Team Norway came to see me at about 11. I was told everything went well but then not told what to do next or where to go.

Eventually we just moved ourselves to reception and I had to wait for the doctor to finish his report and then the cash office to issue me the damage. After a quick game of guess the damage which Torbjoern won and I was always going to lose as I was the one coughing it up, we were finally free to leave at around 2:45.

Looking at the experience on a whole I have to be pretty happy really. The doctor said it turned out that my collarbone was shattered into pieces and that's why he had to wire the three main pieces together. So from entering the hospital at 11 on Wednesday, I was wired and pinned together and out by 3pm on Thursday, thats not bad at all. The most expensive hotel I will visit on the trip and the first and last of its specific type I hope.

Just as we got back home the rain started but I think all three of us were happy just to chill and have a movie day. The rest of the day consisted of eating, resting, eating (team Norway baked bread and cake) resting (team England ate bread and cake) and then bed.

I've only stayed at the house once but I still felt happy to be home. I have to go back to the hospital in two weeks and so I will try my best to rest as much as possible but will also make sure I do my fair share around the house, its the least I can do for what they've done for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment