Friday 3 January 2014

Food for thought

Thursday 19th December

I woke up today with a plan to do nothing but await whatever movements my body decided to treat me with. When I'm on the pills I feel fine but just have absolutely no energy which is so frustrating. I had a good sleep and didn't even feel like getting out of bed till gone 11. It's very annoying feeling ok but knowing that if i were to start riding, i would only last a few hours before I collapse into a bush.

Today I just had to sit it out. I played on my phone, listened to music, dreamt up more adventures, thought about what would be my first meal when I'm back and sung some songs. I did pretty much what I normally do each day but sat on a bed instead of on Nigel. I have many first meals if you're wondering and the actual first one all depends on when I get back. The meals range from KFC, 
anything from my local favourite restaurant "Ham Farm" or a decent cheese sandwich with steak flavoured McCoys. I will also be having a Christmas dinner when I get back as I need to put some weight back on so there's no reason why I can't fit all four of these meals in in one day.

I tried to drink a lot and eat a lot today to get some stomach movements and flush out some badness but all I got in reply was a lot of bubbles and noises. The pills are working well but so did the others, its when I finish the 5 day course, that's when I'll know if I'm good again. My food choices today have to be the worst yet. I chose bread and peanut butter from quite a well stocked little supermarket in an attempt to stay away from anything cooked. Unfortunately the bread was sweaty and cement-like and so too was the peanut butter! The peanut butter had a beautiful after taste like cardboardy wallpaper paste and so I will not be taking it with me to Kenya. The chocolate bourbons on the other hand were delightful, expensive but a necessary buy due to the atrocious dinner.

On top of all the splendid food, I have a hydration salt solution to wash it all down with. It tastes just like seawater with a slight lemony after taste. I owe huge apologies to my body as when I'm on the bike I'm putting it through hell and when I'm off the bike, I'm filling it up with worse!

That was pretty much it for the day. Arba Minch has nothing to offer a man who I bed bound. There were tours available to natural springs but quite frankly that's the last thing I wanted to do.

A boring day but a necessary one if I'm going to progress in this ride with any enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment