Sunday 19 January 2014

Lion around

Thursday 16th January

We got in pretty late last night so a lay in was appreciated this morning. We made a plan last night to do one thing today and only one thing, watch the Lion King. It seemed out rendition of circle of life last night had sparked a craze that had rolled over to today.

It was your typical lazy day with nothing exciting happening and very little energy consumed. After a painful visit to the cafe in the local supermarket where the service was so slow I felt like sitting down as I waited for the lady to serve me, we returned home for movie time.

My experience of waiting for food is a very common occurrence in Africa. Patience is something I have managed to accept and improve as I've seen glaciers move faster than some African people. Sometimes I don't mind it as I can see the people are busy but sometimes they are just painfully slow and its just bad manners but the Africans have no sense of customer service like in England so there is literally no point getting annoyed.

The three of us settled down to watch the much anticipated Lion King and within 15 minutes I was asleep. I woke up to the ending credits and it seemed Team Norway also followed suit. After Lion King Malin again showcased her culinary expertise with another quality feed.

After that it was bed. As I said, a very unexciting day but it seems when I'm off Nigel that eventful days come every other day. Watch out for tomorrow then I guess!



No comments:

Post a Comment