Monday 27 January 2014

Ma-booboo

Thursday 23rd January

It's fair to say that after last night, today was a right off. I spent the majority of the day watching movies, thinking about alternative routes to Lesotho and thinking about how boring my blog entry for today will be.

I just ended up going round in circles with regards to route planning. My ride so far has proved that there really is no point planning so I'm just going to keep with my original rough plan and put the hard graft in. I will have to endure longer, hotter and harder days but if I've learnt anything from my ride already, it is that if kept strong, the human body and mind are capable of amazing things when called upon. I am a sucker for punishment sometimes and I'm sure Africa still has a few more surprises waiting for me so I'm excited and ready for the challenge!

And that's it, told you today's blog would be boring.

P.S I have made a mistake since I arrived in Kenya and have not bothered to rectify it until now. The Kenyans call white people mazungo's not mazumbo's. I have continued to write mazumbo's on my blog because nobody has been around to pick me up on it. Nobody until Malin, and I'm sure she will be happy to hear that I have changed it. Mazungo's means "outsider" in Swahili, I don't particularly like being called it but then again I don't like it when Beirdre gets stuck in my mouth when I'm eating but I just have to deal with that aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment