Monday 13 January 2014

Standard Sunday

Sunday 12th January

Its always nice waking up in the morning as the sun beams in but the house is always really cool. We were all feeling a little fragile this morning, a feeling that I have rarely experienced in the last 5 months. I could get used to not feeling fragile and waking up to a beautiful sunshine as I have done for 90% of my ride, this would mean not living in England though. I wasn't feeling too bad considering but i was up at stupid o'clock so took a wander around the house. It was clear to see that when you mix some of Kenya's finest malt with two Norwegians and an Englishman you get a bomb site.

We had a plan today, movie day. The Hobbit was starting at 1 so the three us seemed to turn on the burners and work as one single cleaning machine. Torbjoern took the kitchen, Malin took the lounge and I did the garden. We were unstoppable, the house wasn't just back to normal but it was gleaming in preparation for movie day. 

I've already seen the Hobbit so as team Norway watched the Hobbit I used my 4 years of Pizza Hut experience to make them a homemade stuffed crust. I was pretty happy with the results to be honest, the dough was already made from yesterday so there wasn't much to do but it turned out pretty well and the three of us were rejuvenated.

Myself and Torbjoern watched the footy after as Malin made a traditional meal from Norway called sosekjott. This translates to "sauce meat" or meat in sauce basically so it was just like having a Sunday roast as if I was back home in Southampton. Malin is a very good cook and as we were enjoying dinner Torbjoern came out with a top quote of "Malin, I think you have developed into the perfect woman, you make eggs just like my mother and you can make the best gravy" I absolutely loved this quote and Torbjoern can come out with some absolutely blinding quotes which are even funnier in a Norwegian accent. It's also more proof that Men aren't hard to please, to grab Torbjoern's heart all you need to do is make decent gravy and cook eggs just like his mum does!

We continued with movie day after dinner and I wrote some notes down on what makes the Saints Foundation a successful organisation. Tomorrow we are having a meeting with TWOMOC to discuss economy and how we can make their organisation financially stable. I am feeling like an adopted worker for Team Norway's organisation and so will try my best to give constructive advice and use my ideas and abilities to hopefully make a positive change in the community of Nakuru.

No comments:

Post a Comment