Thursday 23 January 2014

Fun in the sun

Saturday 18th January

After yesterday's devastation we made a plan to cheer ourselves up with some sunbathing and BBQ #2. We knew we could never recreate yesterday's kebab but the Tusker Malt helped us to forget about that and enjoy the beautiful sunshine.

Today was hot, myself and Malin were a little more active than Torbjoern so we pulled out a couple of matrices into the garden and soaked in the weather holiday-style. Music, a few drinks, great weather and great company made it feel just like a typical holiday. The only thing that reminded me I was in Africa was the eagle hovering no more than 10 metres above our heads as we sunbathed. He was definitely eyeing up the smaller of the two dogs and after last nights fiasco I was secretly hoping he went for him. He didn't in the end, he just flew away but maybe he'll be back.

Come 3 o'clock it was time for me to drag the TV a bit closer to the window and sit outside and watch the Saints. I was a bit gutted with the result as they should've won in my eyes but the disappointment was softened when I looked up to see the big yellow thing still in the sky and the BBQ was in full flow. I cooked the sausages today and they were not going to be the only Hot dogs if I had my way. 

After the BBQ super Saturday continued with an English 3 o'clock game and then the evening match. We had no plans to go out and I think the sun had zapped out energy so Team Norway went to bed fairly early and left me in control of the TV buttons.

A good day of fun in the sun and the quieter evening gave me an opportunity to add to my notes and prepare for tomorrow's coach's workshop. I just hope there's a good turnout.

No comments:

Post a Comment